Vintageme

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

A must read..rushing to bookshop.......

Just reviewed by Richard and Judy ..sounds perfect for Mum.It is called "March" by Geraldine Brooks and is the story of Louisa May Alcott's father as Mr March ( i.e the father in Little Women ). So we have anti-slavers ,Transcendentalists ,The American Civil War all in one book.It is hard to find anything inspiring for her these days as she has eye problems and hates to read .I read to her a lot but we have a stack of William Kennedy novels half read . I know she'll stop knitting for this one so my Mother's Day gift is sorted out .

1 Comments:

Blogger Sharon J said...

One of my biggest fears is to lose my sight so I do sympathise with your mother having bad eye sight and not being able to read so well anymore. She's certainly lucky to have you around, though.

~Sharon

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home