Vintageme

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

vintagesoyoung

My name is Holly , I am 16 .I am home-educated and doing "A" levels .My main interest is drawing and fashions of the 1930s, 40s and 50s.I decided to start this blog after being attacked on a knitting site .It was doubted I was 16 possibly because it was expected I would like pop music,be unable to write a sentance .My knowledge of politics , knitting , sewing is all from my mum. She is 50 and a great knitter , her biggest hero is Robert F. Kennedy.I grew up surronded by books on him and the family .I love to look at Jacqueline's clothes , look at the pictures of her husband's family as children .My favourite actor is Martin Sheen and "The West-Wing " my all time favourite show. Mum and I relax by watching "Neighbours", "Doctors" and many old Detective shows.I also read a great deal and Isabel Allende is my favourite author along with easy reads like Maureen Lee. I am anglo/afro-carib. and like to read about displaced peoples of The World who left for economic or other reasons to settle in foreign countries.One of the best books on this subject is "Barrio Boy" .
I design covers for my novels using drawing and scrapbooking materials.
I hope to tell you more as I go. Holly

2 Comments:

Blogger colin said...

Hello Holly-congratulations on starting your blog.
Like your mother and yourself, john and I very much enjoy The West Wing. We have the 6 series on DVD and are eagerly awaiting the 7th and final series.
I also watch Neighbours.
bw
colin

10:42 AM  
Blogger Beverley said...

Hi Holly and welcome to blogland! Some interesting photos, love the drawings. I always wanted to be like Jo from Little Women when I was young and become a writer. No surprise my daughter's name is Josephine!

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home